• General Information

    Full Name of University:

    Oklahoma State University 

    Number of Utrecht Network semesters you can accept during 2018/19 (not students):


    (2017/18: 20 (negotiable))

    General University Website:


    International Office/Website for Incoming Students:


    Contact person for incoming and outgoing students:

    Incoming: Position Vacant. For now, Director Jeff Simpson

    Interim Incoming Student Exchange Coordinator

    Oklahoma State University Study Abroad/NSE Office

    242 Student Union

    Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078

    Phone: 405-744-8569

    Fax: 405-744-5667

    Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


    Outgoing: Marissa Hernandez

    Student Exchange Coordinator

    Oklahoma State University Study Abroad/NSE Office

    242 Student Union

    Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078

    Phone: 405-744-2810

    Fax: 405-744-5667

    Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


    Application website. If paper only, please write “paper only.”


    Materials to Submit Online:                                       

    1. Application form

    2. Language evaluation or TOEFL score

    3. Official Transcript of Grades

    4. Copy of Passport

    5. Financial Guarantee

    6. Bank Statement

    8. Course Preference Form

    Emailed documents will not be accepted. Application documents received after the deadline date will NOT be processed.

    How does the application and admissions process differ for undergraduate versus graduates?


    Other important notes


    Last updated

    5 January 2017

  • Academics

    Areas of study open to undergraduate exchange students (list explicitly)

    Aerospace Administration and Operations

    Aerospace Engineering (BSAE) 

    Agribusiness (BSAG)

    Agricultural Economics (BSAG)

    Agricultural Education

    Agricultural Leadership 

    American Studies (BA)

    Animal Science

    Architectural Engineering

    Architecture (BAR)


    Biochemistry (BS)

    Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BSAG)

    Biological Science (BS)  

    Biosystems Engineering

    Botany (BS)

    Career and Technical Education

    Chemical Engineering (BSCH)


    Civil Engineering (BSCV)

    Communication Sciences and Disorders (BS)

    Computer Engineering (BSCP)

    Construction Management Technology

    Design, Housing and Merchandising


    Economics (BSBA)

    Electrical Engineering (BSEE)

    Electrical Engineering Technology (BSET)

    Elementary Education (BS)

    English (BA)


    Entrepreneurship (BSBA)

    Environmental Science


    Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology(BSET)

    Food Science

    French (BA)

    General Business (BSBA)

    Geography (BA) (BS)

    Geology (BS)  

    Geospatial Information Science (BS) 

    German (BA)

    Health Education and Promotion

    History (BA)


    Hotel and Restaurant Administration (BSHS)

    Human Development and Family Science

    Industrial Engineering and Management (BSIE)

    International Business (BSBA)

    Landscape Architecture (BLA)

    Landscape Management (BSAG)

    Liberal Studies (BA) (BS)

    Management (BSBA)

    Management Information Systems (BSBA)

    Marketing (BSBA)

    Mathematics (BA)(BS)

    Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSET)

    Microbiology, Cell and Molecular Biology (BS)  

    Music (BA)

    Multimedia Journalism (BA) (BS)

    Natural Resource Ecology and Management

    Nutritional Sciences

    Philosophy (BA)

    Physical Education

    Physics (BS)

    Physiology (BS) 

    Plant and Soil Sciences

    Political Science (BA) (BS)

    Psychology (BA) (BS)

    Recreation Management and Therapeutic Recreation

    Russian Language and Literature (BA)

    Secondary Education

    Sociology (BA) (BS)

    Spanish (BA)

    Sports Media

    Statistics (BS)

    Strategic Communication

    University Studies (BUS)

    Zoology (BS) 

    Are graduate areas open for exchange?


    Areas of study open to graduate exchange students (list explicitly)


    Can advanced undergraduate students take graduate level courses?

    Permission may be given for certain graduate classes provided the student has the required pre-requisites. The permission is at the discretion of the teaching faculty.

    Can graduate student take undergraduate level courses?


    Areas of study restricted to prior bilateral agreements between exchange departments or faculties

    None, but exchange student enrollment in specific majors may be very limited. See below. 

    Areas of study not available to exchange students

    NOT Available:

    o    Accounting (except for introductory course, ACCT 2103 Financial Accounting)

    o    Computer Science

    o    Some master’s level courses

    o    Mechanical Engineering

    o    Theatre

    o    School of Veterinary Medicine courses

    o    Agricultural Communications

    LIMITED Availability:

    o    Architecture (very selective! Students must submit a portfolio of their work and a complete transcript translated into English with course descriptions; TOEFL is preferred for Architecture exchange students rather than just English Language Evaluation)

    o    Studio Art

    o    Communications (Mass Communications, Multimedia Journalism, and Strategic Communications)

    o    Education

    o    Engineering (very limited except civil and industrial engineering)

    o    Finance

    o    Music (except for Intro to Music and non-audition ensembles, such as University Singers choir)


    Exchange students are allowed to take Extension and Outreach courses (including online courses except for courses in section 500), but must pay international tuition, fees, and technology fees for the particular course. Students who study on J-1 visas are only allowed to take ONE of these courses.

    Websites for course offerings

    Course Catalog: http://registrar.okstate.edu/Course-Descriptions
    This is the complete course list, but most are not offered every semester. Courses with a 5--- or 6--- level designation are Graduate level courses and are generally unavailable to exchange students.

    Courses offered during specific semester can be found here: https://ssb.okstate.edu/

    Click on “Class Schedule” and select appropriate term.

    Detailed instructions are provided through online application system after acceptance.

    Required minimum and maximum number of credits available through the exchange

    For both undergraduate & graduate

    Minimum required: 

    12 credit hours for undergraduate level classes.
    9 credit hours for graduate level classes.

    Maximum allowed:

    15 credit hours

    Are summer courses available as exchange (non fee-paying)?

    If so, please provide summer school website.


    Do students register for classes in advance or upon arrival?

    Students will be able to enroll in some classes when they are admitted. Their enrollment will be finalized upon arrival to OSU.

    Language Requirements

    Undergraduate exchange students are not required to submit a TOEFL score if they have a letter from their coordinator or from an English language instructor verifying their level of English language fluency is adequate to successfully complete courses in English. The score should be at least:

    Official TOEFL Examination – internet based score of 61 or higher OR Computer-based score of 173 or higher OR Paper-based score of 500 or higher OR Official IELTS Examination, Score ≥ 6.0
    Graduate students MUST SUBMIT a TOEFL or IELTS score during the application process. The score should be at least:

    Official TOEFL Examination of 79 or higher OR Computer-based score of 213 or higher OR Paper-based score of 550 or higher OR Official IELTS Examination, Score ≥ 6.5. These examinations must have been taken within two years of the date of application.

    Language test certificate required?

    If so, which and when: before admission or upon arrival?

    TOEFL score report preferred, but English Language Proficiency evaluation form will suffice.

    Preparatory language course for incoming students?

    Indicate dates and costs

    Yes. Details, dates, and costs are available at https://eli.okstate.edu/costshttps://eli.okstate.edu/costs

    Are there any special advising or registrations concerns that students should be aware of? Are services available to assist in registration or course selection?

    Enrollment in classes is not guaranteed. Enrollment may not be finalized until arrival on campus.

    Additional Notes


    Last Updated

    5 January 2017

  • Dates

    Host Application deadline for each term

    30 April for Fall 
    30 September for Spring

    Academic Calendar

    Please list exact dates

    Fall Semester: 21 August 2017 - 15 December 2017

    Spring Semester: TBA (mid-January to early-May)

    Examination period(s)

    11-15 December , 2017, 7-11 May , 2018* tentative

    If there is a break between the academic course calendar and exams, can arrangements be made so the student may take exams early?

    (i.e. semester ends in December and exams are late January).

    No. Rescheduling of exams is not possible. No exceptions.

    Orientation session(s) for incoming students

    Is it mandatory, indicate dates and costs

    Students are required to arrive the week before classes begin to move into housing and attend international student orientation. The only expense is for meals and accommodation before their housing contract begins. Specific information will be provided upon acceptance.

    Course registration deadline

    By the first day of classes. Seats are taken first-come, first serve, so the sooner, the better. 

    Last updated

    5 January 2017

  • Costs

    Total cost estimates per Semester in US Dollars

    (broken down below)

    Total for One Semester $7,400 and for Two Semesters $14,620

    Housing and Meals

    One Semester: $4,415 Two Semesters: $8,830


    $550 for one semester

    Local Transportation


    Health Insurance

    One Semester: $800 Two Semesters: $1,600 (usually lower)


    (please indicate and specify any mandatory additional fees)

    Mandatory International Student Fee: One Semester $240 Two Semesters :$2,790

    Is comparable health insurance coverage from abroad allowed/not allowed?

    If not, please include fees in “other” field above.

    Comparable health insurance is NOT allowed. Health insurance is required for all incoming international students. The cost will be billed upon arrival to OSU. Costs are approximately $800 for one semester and $1,422 for two semesters. Costs are subject to change.

    For more details, see here: http://iss.okstate.edu/insurance

    Additional Notes


    Last Updated

    5 January 2017

  • Housing and Student Life

    Is housing assistance available? How do students apply, and is it guaranteed?

    Housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis until full. The likelihood of getting on-campus housing is very high. More information will be given in the acceptance packet. Students must be admitted and have their OSU email account activated. Students must apply for housing on-line.

    Housing options

    Dormitory and private suite available on campus. Walking distance between 5 and 25 minutes. All housing is located on the university bus route.

    Housing Website and Contact Person(s)

    See http://www.reslife.okstate.edu/ for more information.

    Do students apply for housing with their regular application or is it separate?

    Please list housing application deadline.

    Housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis until full. The likelihood of getting on-campus housing is very high. More information will be given in the acceptance packet. Students must be admitted and have their OSU email account activated. Students must apply for housing on-line.

    What kinds of health facilities are available at the university?

    The university offers a comprehensive clinic on campus that includes an Allergy Clinic, Laboratory Services, X-Rays, Outpatient Medical Services, a Women’s Clinic, Pharmacy, and more. More information available here: http://uhs.okstate.edu

    Are internships available?

    No. Students cannot obtain authorization for an internship through this type of reciprocal exchange agreement and are not included in this category of J-1 student visas. Students will not be able to extend their stay in the United States to participate in an internship.

    Are student jobs available/allowed?

    Yes, students can work up to 20 hours/week on campus. 

    Additional Notes


    Last Updated

    5 January 2017

  • Promotional Materials

    Please add links to promotional materials below

    Please keep in mind that these resources are here for partners to use to promote exchanges; this is not itself a promotional website. As such, please simply link to your promotional materials and refrain from embedding video or images on this page.

    University Video:

    University Image Library:

    University or Departmental Brochures:

    Last Updated

    23 May 2017